Monday, October 26, 2009

vintage ornaments!

The other morning, my friend, Amber, and I got together w/ some new friends here to make cards. These are the two I came up w/ to make at our gathering....
PTI's smokey shadow and lavender moon. Lovely combo - and I NEVER seem to use lavender moon. I also used their shimmery white paper - it's awesome - makes the colors softer (in my opinion) when they are stamped. I also used plum pudding as the darker purple accent.
Next I used sweet blush and hibiscus on SU!'s basic gray paper. For the glitter, I used a glue pen and sprinkled Martha Stewart glitter on top. On the longer ornament, I used stickles at first, but it looked goopy and not very glittery, so I added the Martha glitter while they were still wet and this is how it turned out.
Have a great day! Happy Monday - I'm taking my boys to the hourly care on base, so will have 3 whopping hours to myself! Actually - part of that time I will have Levi, but he's the easy one! =)

1 comment:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

The color combo on these is nice. How fun that you and Amber already found some stamping friends.