Monday, September 15, 2008

... not stamping related ...

Hey friends! My hubby's squadron had a "gown swap" this past Friday night where lots of gowns/dresses were donated by gals who'd worn them and weren't ever going to wear them again... some still had tags on them, so they probably got them at a great deal, and either they didn't fit, or whatever.... Anyhoo - I was volunteering to "work" the swap, so all the volunteers got first dibs. I really didn't expect to find a dress I liked, much less one I'd consider wearing to the Marine Corps Ball (in November); I'd been wanting to wear a white dress for several years now, and decided this was the year - finally - so I was pretty sure there'd be no white dresses to choose from, let alone one that would fit. But guess what? I was wrong! Look at this beauty I got... did I mention it was only $1 to attend the swap and leave with a dress?????
So - this first picture is the whole dress.Next, is a close-up of the top....

Lastly, a close-up of the embroidery on the sheer bottom half.

Now, I've got to get Jay's birthday card done - he turns 18 on Thursday!! Also, Levi is working on his birthday party favors, so I gotta help him w/ that...

4 comments:

Tanis said...

WOW!!! So when are we going to see a "kerry in the dress" photo????
Stunning :)

i'm with the band said...

ooooooooh I wanna see it on.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Very pretty. And what a deal!

Crushincrime said...

I agree, I would like to see it on! That's an awesome deal