Monday, June 8, 2009

...hooray schools out!

I wanted to make a card for my neices & nephews to celebrate summer vacation! Well - I have 7 that just finished school, and I really didn't want to make SEVEN cards! So, I made two - one for each "family" of kids (my one sister has 4 kids and the other 3).
This first card is square because I messed up the right edge and I didn't like it, so I chopped it off and centered the sentiment on what was left.
I shoulda just made 'em both like this. Oh well. The star paper I got on clearance at Michaels, and the red is PTI's pure poppy. I used my karen foster snap together stamps to spell out the sentiment. I love those! Too bad they're discontinued.... I have to be extra careful not to mess up the ones I have.
Anyhoo - that's about it. We are in the process of packing and stuff for our move to California, so I don't have all my stamp stuff out. Plus, I am trying to keep my stamp room TIDY! Quite a challenge for me. . .
Hope you all are having an awesome day!!!

1 comment:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

The paper really fits the "yahoo" feeling of school being out. I think you are smart to make a shared card for all the kids.