Tuesday, September 8, 2009

...an update...

I see it's been TWO MONTHS since I've blogged. Yikes... I'm in California now - love it so far. We are waiting for housing on base, so I have none of my stamping "stuff" for who-knows-how-much-longer!
I do have some pictures I can share, albeit non-stamping related....

This was our view driving through New Mexico and Arizona....
Almost to our destination... I took this out the front window driving throught Joshua Tree National Park.

We made it to Twentynine Palms, CA on Aug. 13th. We stayed at a temporary lodging facility on base and every time I left the parking lot there, this is the stop sign I saw. It amazed me that a) it had gotten that faded by the sun, and b) that it hadn't been replaced yet!

Hopefully, it won't be long till we hear something. We started as #2 on the list and have been #3, and almost #1, but today we are #4! Ugh... so frustrating! Apparently, there are empty houses on base, but those are reserved for "Officers" -- so we wait!

1 comment:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Hey Kerry. I have had so much going on lately and I just haven't had the time to write the long email to you I have been meaning to. I'm glad you shared your photos. The "wild" west is so different from the east coast but beautiful in it's own way.