Sunday, February 15, 2009

... grumpabella ...

I made this card for my mom last night while I was waiting up for the PTI release.... I hadn't paper pieced in a very long time and was "in the mood" last night. This is basic grey paper - I forget which pack... This bella reminds me of my mom b/c she HAS to have coffee first thing and probably drinks 3 pots in a day. Anyhoo - lately, I've noticed that I'm becoming like my mom when I get up in the middle of the night for something.... I go stumbling down the hall and if I forget to put on my glasses, I'll be squinting and walking funny and I get this mental image of watching my mom walk down the hall first thing in the morning to make her coffee!
So, back to the card.... I added some homemade "dew drops" to the bottom. My friend, Amber, picked up some lustre gems at a home store that were on clearance and the bag had about a thousand little clear gems in there. So she came over and we dyed them w/ some Ranger Alcohol inks and have quite a little stash now! I've decided that I have to use at LEAST 3 on a card whenever I use them....
Oh - and I had to make my envelope match w/ a strip of the basic grey paper.

Well, there's an "emergency" in the living room, so I've gotta run.

1 comment:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

The paper piecing is terrific. And how clever of you two to dye your embellishments.